Information for 2019-2020 Fall Sports
The following forms are available on the Athletics Sports Physicals Information Forms to Complete:
- The new physical examination form from the PIAA
- Two forms required by the Federal HIPAA (Privacy) Act.
- A “Consent for Medical Treatment” form from UPMC. (This form must be signed by the student-athlete and a parent/guardian for our athletic trainer, Rob McCabe, who is employed by UPMC, to assess and provide medical treatment in the event of illness/injury.)
Please note the following changes:
- The PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletics Association Inc.) requires ONE COMPREHENSIVE PHYSICAL EXAM BY AN AUTHORIZED MEDICAL EXAMINER (MD, DO,PAC, CRNP OR SNP), thereby eliminating the seasonal physical requirement. This physical must be dated June 1, 2019 or after and will expire June 1, 2020.
This positive change assures a more thorough examination that can be fulfilled through the individual’s annual medical exam by his/her family physician. Please note that ALL information for the comprehensive physical must be completed by the parent, student, and physician and Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 returned to the school district. Please be sure to sign for ALL sports in which your son/daughter MAY compete during the 2019-2020 school season.
Please refer to the Athletics Sports Physicals Information Frequently Asked Questions for further clarification.
Due to changes in this comprehensive physical form provided by the PIAA, athletes are responsible for obtaining their sports physical on their own. South Fayette School District will not be providing sports physicals. We encourage you to schedule a physical with your child’s primary care physician, who is most familiar with your child’s health history and immunization records. Please note that physicals are mandatory for eligibility for all sports.
All completed packets must be submitted to the athletic office NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2019 AT NOON. Please DO NOT SUBMIT THEM to the head coach. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the South Fayette High School Athletic Office by phone at 412.221.4542, extension 240 or by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and prompt attention to this matter.
Mr. Mark Keener
Please visit Forms to Complete for the following:
PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation
UPMC Consent for Treatment Form
HIPAA Release of Information Forms
- Signing up for a sport and getting a physical does not guarantee making the team!!!
- All athletes must be present at the first day of practice!!!MANDATORY First Day of Practice (fall sports)August 12, 2019 (Monday) - All Fall Varsity ProgramsAugust 12, 2019 (Monday) - Boys & Girls 7th/8th Grade Soccer & Boys and Girls 7th/8th Grade Cross CountryAugust 19, 2019 - 7th/8th Grade FootballSeptember 25, 2019 (Wednesday) - Girls 7th/8th Grade Basketball (Sign ups for girls'basketball begins Wednesday, August 28,2019)** Football (Varsity) per PIAA rules will conduct heat acclimatization practices that are mandatory August 5-9, 2019.