Dear Parents/Guardians of High School Juniors and Seniors:
The start of the 2017-2018 school year is rapidly approaching. It is time for those students who wish to drive to school to obtain their annual parking permit. Student parking at the High School is in the rear parking lot and stadium lot. Students may only park in these locations. Student parking is on a first come/first served basis. Once the spaces in the rear and stadium lots have been sold, there will be no additional spots.
Student drivers will receive a parking tag for their vehicle, which must be displayed on the rearview mirror at all times while on campus. Student driving privileges are extended to junior and senior drivers only. The cost of the driving permit is $50.00 for a full year and $25.00 for a semester. This fee will cover the cost of the parking tags with any remaining monies to be used to support student activities at the High School. Student parking passes may be obtained at the Student Center in the High School building at the following times.
Monday, August 14 - 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, August 15 - 12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
JUNIORS AND SENIORS
Wednesday and Thursday, August 16 and 17 – 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The following conditions must be adhered to in order for students to retain their parking passes:
- Students may only park in the rear lot and stadium lot.
- All student parking spaces are numbered. The space number corresponds to the number on the parking tag. Students must park in their designated space.
- Students must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license at the time of registration. Parking passes will not be reserved for those with a learner’s permit.
- Permits are issued numerically. Students may not request a specific space. Students may not “swap” parking permits. Students must obtain their own parking pass.
- All student driving regulations on the parking permit application and in the Student-Parent Handbook MUST be followed. Failure to do so will result in revocation of parking privileges. Permit fees are NON-REFUNDABLE for any reason.
- Students are expected to be in their first period class by 7:20 a.m. Allow extra time to obey speed limits and walk from your designated space. Excessive tardies will result in loss of parking privileges.
- A complete listing of regulations for student drivers is included in the Student-Parent Handbook. Please review them carefully.
Applications can be obtained on the District website or in the Student Center. Please return the completed application with both parent and student signatures and cash or check (payable to South Fayette High School) to Mrs. Alice Kamphaus, located in the High School Student Center. All students will need to bring his/her current license, insurance information and vehicle registration to be copied in order to receive a permit. This procedure also applies to Parkway West students. Please be sure that your child has all required documentation at the time of registration, as spaces cannot be reserved for those who do not have all the documentation in hand at the time of application.
If you have any questions regarding student parking, please call Mrs. Kamphaus in the Student Center at (412) 221-4542, Ext. 8-222#.
Mr. Aaron T. Skrbin
High School Principal