Interested in Becoming a Guest Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher with the South Fayette Township School District?
Great schools need great teachers. If you are thinking about a career in education, returning to the workforce or looking to work with children, the South Fayette Township School District has employment opportunities for you.
As a guest substitute teacher you will gain valuable experience and have a positive impact on kids.
What is the Minimum Qualification to become a Guest Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher?
All candidates interested in substitute teaching in the South Fayette Township School District must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Guest Substitute Training Programs
Guest Substitute Training Programs are held periodically. In order to be considered for an upcoming program e-mail the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
Please place in the subject line GUEST SUBSTITUTE TRAINING PROGRAM
What is the Process for becoming a Guest Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher?
- E-mail the Human Resources Office at [email protected]
- Complete an on-line application.
- Provide a resume and three letters of recommendation (additional documents may be requested at the orientation).
- Attend a one day SmartSTART Orientation.
- Pass the on-line Sub-Skills Courses through the University of Utah STEDI program, which would be assigned at the orientation.
In addition to the above, secure the following:
- Child Abuse History ACT 151 Clearance (must be within one (1) year of Board approval)
- Pennsylvania Criminal History Check ACT 34 (must be within one (1) year of Board approval)
- Department of Education FBI Clearance ACT 114 You will need to enter code 1KG6XN. (must be within one (1) year of Board approval)
- Official transcripts from an accredited institution
- Act 168
- Completion of Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training
- Provide verification of a physical and TB Test results (TB Test results must be dated with in three (3) months of Board approval)
- Classroom Observation
Is There a Fee Associated with the Training?
Yes, there is a $125 fee that covers the cost of the on-line courses, workbook and all related materials. This fee is paid by the applicant and is non-refundable.
What do Guest Day-to-Day Substitute Teachers Earn?
The District pays:
$90.00 per day for 1-30 Days
$100.00 per day for 31+ Days
How do I Get More Information?
For more information on SmartSTART please contact Alice Gillenberger, AIU Representative at 412-394-5860 or
Victoria Adams, South Fayette Township School District Representative at 724-693-3045